Thursday, April 1, 2010

TO BE OR MAYBE NOT

The Double-Minded Man

Lord I want To Be a Christian, but Maybe Not right now;
I’ll wait until I’m older, oh this I humbly vow!

Lord I want To Be self-relying but Maybe Not in self-control;
enjoying earthly pleasures while you chisel, shape and mold.

No man can serve two masters but how can this be true?
Can’t I break your Holy Sabbath while my mind may drift on you?
Or can’t I murder with my tongue while my lips may sing your praise?
To Be a Christian once a week but Maybe Not the other days?

I can have my slice of cake and I can eat it too!
I can be as bad as I want and end up just like you,
so I’ll wait until tomorrow and my life I’ll carefully plot
then I’ll choose To Be a Christian but then again, just Maybe Not!

A double–minded man is unstable in all his ways (James 1:8)


(c) Dale A. Matheson

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Wow!! This poem is profound!