Thursday, December 24, 2009

JEREMIAH THE PROPHET, SON OF HILKIAH THE PRIEST (the conclusion)

"...I spake unto you, rising up early and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not..." (Jeremiah 7:13).

"...But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward" (Jeremiah 7:23,24).

"...I have sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them: yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse then their fathers" (Jeremiah 7:25,26).

"..This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the Lord their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth" (Jeremiah 7:28).

"Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return...no man repenteth him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgement of the Lord" (Jeremiah 8:5-8).

"...from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely. For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace... We looked for peace, but no good came; and for a time of health and behold trouble!" (Jeremiah 8:10,11,15).

"Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?" (Jeremiah 8:22).

No comments: