Thursday, December 3, 2009

HOW I WAS DISOBEYING GOD'S COMMANDMENTS

The following are some of the ways I was disobeying God's commandments, but didn't realize it.

1. My gods were the TV (Law and Order; Cold Case; The Practice; Seinfeld; Wheel of Fortune...

2. My house had the graven images (statues and works of art), that were worshipped (strategically placed for display and so they would not be meddled with or broken because they were so "precious".

3. Saying I'm a Christian, but in my private and public life, misbehaving and acting like Satan's servant.

4. Forgetting that the Sabbath was coming and failing to make necessary preparations (cleaning, cooking and planning so that our time would glorify God); Keeping my mind on, and initiating or entering into conversations that drew the focus from God, to self and worldly things

5. Not calling or visiting my parents as I should; treating them with indifference and/or disrespect; speaking ill of them and complaining about their parenting during my childhood

6. Speaking words to my husband, children or neighbors that kill

7. Defrauding my husband and finding fulfillment in other people; engaging in hobbies and selfish pursuits that draw my mind or time from my wifely duties

8. Taking office supplies without asking; not speaking up when I'd been undercharged; not alerting the cable company that we were getting more then we were paying for

9. Making up stories (filling in the blanks or guessing about something and making it a fact

10. Wishing that I had a marriage relationship, a home, vacations or talents like other people

No comments: