Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FALL BACK, NOT FALL AWAY

Who doesn't want high standards? Even in the seediest business, there is a level of standard that employees must uphold.

Sometimes I find myself wanting, in my personal and home life, to lower my standards because they seem too high to attain to. My standards are based on God's ideal for me. Even family and friends tell me that my standards are too high, "God will understand," they say. That tell me that I put too much pressure on myself. My carnal self is prone to mediocrity as it is, so it's not a bad thing for me to aspire to something more noble.

When I listen to the words of "friendly advice", I begin to lower my standards. Unfortunately, that doesn't make me any happier. It cheapens my experience and makes me feel unfullfilled, because I'm assured that the God I serve is a High and Holy God. He can help me to accomplish what I cannot do in my own strength.

The apostle, Paul, said that he'd rather glory in his weakness, because when he is weak, he's strong. I truly know that I can do, and have done, many great things through Christ who has strengthened me over the years. When I've started feeling doubt, procrastination, discouragement, and like emotions, it was because I was looking at myself and relying on own skill and strength.

This race is not won yet. The journey is not over. We must endure to the end.
If you're felt that the race was too much for you and fell away. It's not too late to suit up and continue from where you left off. There are people who will welcome you with open arms and most of all there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels over one sinner that repents.

Let's not believe the lies of those who would have us forfeit our crown of eternal life. Press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

*Italicized text are paraphrases from the word of God.

No comments: