Monday, September 7, 2009

LABOR SMARTER

"Come onto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me. For I am meek and lowly in heart and you shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" Psalm 11:28-30.

Maybe you have longed for peace. You've heard that there is more to life than you are currently experiencing, but can't seem to find it. Far too many people have gone through life just existing. It's even worse for the Christian because he or she knows that Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10).

But where is it?

The experiences from early childhood and even as far back as the womb, have shaped our thoughts and behaviors today. Oftentimes we react to situations without understanding where our feelings come from.

There is hope! There are many Christ-centered resources out there that can help you. The Holy Bible is my recommended favorite. Psalm 147:3 says of God, "He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds."

Proverbs gives insight into the human heart
Psalm gives us examples of rough times, but also the victories and reasons for praise
Ecclesiastes gives us wisdom for everyday living
James is a character detector
Revelation is a place to go for hope of a glorious future

Search the Holy Scriptures, in them is life!

"And this is life eternal, that they may know thee the only true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3 [emphasis added]

No comments: