Sunday, June 21, 2009

BE CONTENT

The Apostle Paul recorded in Philippians 4:11,12, "I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need."

What does that mean?

If I'm "broke" (just barely having enough to get by each month), I praise Him that He sustains me and that I am able to get by.

If I'm rich, I praise Him for the means to further the spreading of the Gospel and I'll give to ministries that are being faithful to the great commission.

If I'm single, I praise Him that I am able to devote my time to His service without having to check with anyone before I go forward in His name.

If I'm married, I praise Him that He's given me someone to walk with me on this journey and to hold me accountable for the way I live my life.

If I have children, I praise Him that there are little ones that are readily available for me to share His love with.

If I have no children, I praise Him that I can be a "foster" parent to those children who have no one to love them they way should be loved.

No comments: