Monday, April 20, 2009

PATRIOTISM OF ANOTHER ORDER (Pt. 2)

The weekend after writing PATRIOTISM OF ANOTHER ORDER (Pt. 1), I had the opportunity to drive six hours on the highway. I maintained the speed limit all the way, either going at 55mph or 65mph depending on the Interstate.

In a small town, I was cruising down a mountain, letting gravity do it natural work, not paying attention to my speed and ended up being pulled over for going 48mph in a 25mph speed zone. For one split moment, not paying attention caused me to transgress the law.

Are you beginning to see the spiritual importance here as it relates to the Law of God? Are you beginning to get a clearer picture of the deception that is being preached concerning the Ten Commandments and their validity in our lives today?

This is important friends. This is not legalism. If obeying the law is legalism, then that police should not have pulled me over and I should not have received a ticket. He should be out of a job and the courts should be closed. We would be free to do as we please and there would be no governing body to appeal to.

Can you see the chaos this world would be in. The law is there for our happiness, not to hinder us. Why should God's laws be any different?

Do you get the picture?

No comments: