Friday, April 10, 2009

CHOICE OR CHANCE

The outcome of my life will be the result of choices and decisions I’ve made. My upbringing, friends, circumstances and such only serve as influences, but these factors don’t determine the decisions I make. God has given every man (and woman) a measure of the Holy Spirit (1 John 3:24; 4:13). Some people call Him their conscience, the sixth sense, something, someone, etc.

We can have the best of influences and choose to make bad choices or we can have the worse of circumstances and choose to make good decisions. Choice or decision alone is not enough. We have to work toward it. Lay plans in the right direction, etc.
Why my ramblings?

I realize that my children make choices every day, every hour, every minute. I don’t know what they will become. All I can do is pray to the Lord on their behalf, do my best (with God’s help)…

No comments: