Friday, March 4, 2011

7 GIFTS OF GOD ON MY BIRTHDAY

Thanks be to God for another day of life. By the Grace of God, today is my 35th year on the earth. I am learning that every day with Jesus is truly sweeter than the day before. The trials still come like a flood because we are born in sin and shaped in iniquity, and we have to live with, work with, shop with and commute next to people in the same human condition.

What do I want for my birthday today? I am thankful that I have all that I need.

Below are 7 gifts God has given to me and how they have sustained me thus far in my life.

His grace is sufficient in times of weakness. Jesus the living water quenches my thirst for righteousness when I go to Him and He fills me. I see the good or fruit of my labor each day in my family, my friends and those I know casually. The Holy Spirit has kept me from much trouble and danger (when I let Him). The cross of Calvary stands as a reminder of the eternal life Jesus Christ purchased to redeem me from sin. By faith, each day I believe and claim the promises of God’s word on my behalf (Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:28, Psalms 138:8, Isaiah 49:25, Isaiah 59:19, Philippians 1:6, Hebrews 12:2 and many more). He keeps me pure in body when time, fasting, distance or circumstances prevent me from rendering due benevolence to my husband.

Wherefore he saith, when He ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men [and women]” (Ephesians 4:8).

7 Gifts of God:

Grace (Ephesians 4:7)

Living Water (John 4:10)

To Enjoy the Good of our Labor (Ecclesiastes 3:13)

The Holy Spirit (Acts 8:20)

Eternal Life (Romans 6:23)

Faith (Roman 12: 3-8)

Celibacy (1 Corinthians 7:7)

I love you all with the love that I've received from the Father. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen.

No comments: