Thursday, November 18, 2010

A PAIN-FREE CYCLE

FOLLOWING IS MY PERSONAL TESTIMONY OF HOW I SURVIVED MY TIME OF THE MONTH THIS TIME AROUND

Heavy bleeding; ripping pain; prolonged cycle; crying and inability to function. These all described my "time of the month" symptoms. This started happening within the past few years. Years is long time to live with pain. I dreaded my "time of the month" more than ever. I suffered from anxiety when I know the time was near. Thank the Lord, the cycle became regular after my fourth child, so I could mentally prepare myself for the onslaught that was to come upon me.

After years of this, each time getting a little worse, I begun paying attention to my body. I first noticed my mood changes, then the bodily changes and then the physical manifestations of what is a normal body function. I also started talking to other women to find out what they do to ease their symptoms. One women shared with me something that helped. She said to eat fruits for 1 day once a week. I didn't do it totally, but increased my fruit intake when the time was nearing. My pain was less for the first time. My curiosity was sparked and hope sprung up with me.

Then I realized that the month that I consumed an excess of processed food (corn chips, crackers or anything else in a box or crinkly bag), my pain was horrendous and my cycle dragged on for a few extra days. One day, in desperation, I was quietly going through the pews before church looking for someone to give me pain-killers, something I never like taking.

Here is the conclusion of my own personal research for how to have a normal menstrual cycle with out the extra drama: I as the test patient.

(1) I Included lots of fruits and vegetables in my diet (fresh and uncooked as much as possible)
(2) Drank water throughout the day (Alternated with pure water and distilled; I added fresh lemon juice* for flavor)
(3) Refrained from eating processed foods, milk, eggs and cheese a few days before the onset
(4) One day 1, I made an Anti-inflammatory Smoothie:

1 quarter fresh pineapple
1 handful walnuts
1 tbsp. whole flaxseed
1 tsp. ground ginger

Blend. Halved the mixture and eat with a spoon** twice a day the first day

*Minute Made has a squeezable lemon juice that is excellent since I rarely find fresh juicy lemons in my area
**You may add some pineapple juice to the smoothie(if you don't like it too thick) and drink it.

(5) For any possible infections that may be causing my pain, I made Nature's Penicillin for the second and third day:


1 grapefruit
1 orange
2 lemons
3 cloves of garlic
½ large onion
3 drops of peppermint oil (Use a capful if using peppermint extract)

Directions:
Peel fruit, onion and garlic. Blend. Add peppermint oil. Take one cup a day for an adult and half a cup for a child. Spread dosage out over course of the day, taking a spoonful every 1-2 hours.

This is the first time I was not tossing in bed and moaning all day because of menstrual cramps. Praise the Lord!!! My family had come to expect that this was normal. Thank God, it does not have to be.

No comments: