Friday, August 14, 2009

JEHOVAH'S REST #654

HOLY DAY, JEHOHAV'S REST
Written by F.E. Belden
Copyrighted 1886

1. Holy Day, Jehovah's rest, of creation's week the best;
Last of all the chosen seven, Blessed of God, to man 'twas given.

Refrain

Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome
Glad we hail it's presence blest, 'Tis the great Jehaovah's rest


2. First His six days' work was done, then the Sabbath was begun;
thus He blessed the seventh day, thus in resting we obey.

3. Thousands have His plan reversed, resting now upon the first;
Search the Book and you will know, there’s no scripture tells them so.

4. All who speak the truth must say, it was man who changed the day;
In God’s word no change appears, through the whole six thousand years.

5. Thus I searched; and when I saw; only one great Sabbath law;
then I hastened to obey-- plainy 'twas the only way. – F.E. Belden

If you have questions about these and other truths from God's Word, the Bible, please call or email me at 202-437-4867 or email me at leuannam@qis.net.

Leuanna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this song and remember it being one of my favourite songs to sing at friday night worship as a child. I don't know why it was not included in the new hymnal but I'm glad I was able to find the words so now I don't have to worry about forgetting the words to it.