Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TO VOTE OR NOT TO VOTE

I'm torn between whether to vote or not.

Not that I don't think that my vote won't count, it will, in terms of the final count. It won't matter, however, because God removes kings and sets up kings (Daniel 2:21). As we saw in the elections 8 years ago, numbers don't matter. Whoever is going to rule will rule.

My comfort rests in knowing that God is a great God and a great king above all Gods (reference needed). My faith rests in the God who spoke the world into existence; the God who created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th. If that statement loses you, don't be lost on an account of something that you can test yourself in your own life and believe by faith.

That's it. There's an excitement in the air for many reasons. That's the only thing that will compel me to vote, just so I can say that I did. The few minutes of interaction with the locals, will afford me the opportunity to testify of Christ in my life and where my hope comes from.

If I don't vote, I won't feel bad or guilty about it. I'll do what the bible asks me to do--pray for our new leader.

The Lord allows people of His choosing (Esther, Joseph, Nebuchadnezzer, Pharoah) to be in positions of leadership so that His purposes can be realized. Ultimately, He shows us the limits of human accomplishments versus the limitlessness of His power. Isn't He awesome?!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I trust that in the end you did choose to vote, regardless of who your vote went to.

Yes, the bible is clear that God sets up and takes down kings. And the bible is just as clear that we ought to occupy until [Christ] comes. Occupation has to include doing our part not only in preaching the good news of salvation but also paying taxes (render unto Caesar) and voting (choose ye this day).

Until we are removed from this earth, we have a role to play and God uses people, not because He has to, but because He chooses to.

OJ